- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Makes 6 servings
This fabulous cauliflower quiche may be served for brunch or as an appetizer. Prepare all the ingredients ahead of time and bake right before your guests arrive.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. minced scallions
- 1 1/2 c. shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten with fork
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1 tsp. salt (to taste)
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. each crumbled basil and rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. celery seed
- Mushrooms (optional, but if used, saute with garlic and scallions)
- 1 pkg. frozen cauliflower or substitute chopped spinach or chopped broccoli
- 1 baked pie crust
- Saute garlic and green onions in butter until golden brown. Add chopped cauliflower (or substitute); cook over medium heat until water is absorbed; salt and pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, basil, rosemary, and celery seed until fluffy. Add shredded Swiss cheese. Add sauteed vegetables.Pour into a prepared pie crust shell
- Arrange thinly sliced tomatoes on the top of quiche mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in hot oven (425 degrees) for 15 minutes; lower temperature to 350 degrees and bake about 15 minutes longer or until top is puffy and center is firm to touch.