- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This dish is extremely aromatic and light, made with a mix of Indian spices like, cumin, coriander and turmeric.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into 3/4-inch-wide florets
- 1/4 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh jalapeño, including seeds
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees, and place a baking pan on the upper third of the oven.
- In a large bowl, add the cauliflower and potatoes and then drizzle with the oil. Sprinkle with the cumin seeds and 1/4 teaspoon salt and toss well.
- Empty the cauliflower mixture into the hot prepared baking pan and cook for 20 minutes.
- In a medium-sized sauté pan, heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Sauté the onion, garlic, jalapeño, and ginger, stirring frequently for 10 minutes. Sprinkle in the ground cumin, coriander, turmeric, cayenne, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the water and stir the mixture, loosening any bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the roasted vegetables to the spice mixture and stir to combine. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, covered. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.