- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Cauliflower and leeks make a creamy, mild and delicately aromatic soup, while the lemon juice and peel add bright flavor and citrusy freshness.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- 1 pinch of chili powder
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 leeks
- 3 cups water
- 1 lemon juiced and peeled, peel shredded
- fresh thyme
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- toasted sliced almonds
- Place the olive oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion, garlic and chili and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cauliflower and leek, cook for 2 minutes, and then pour in the water and bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer the mixture until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove 1/4 cup of the liquid from the pot and set aside. Using a stick blender, puree the mixture until smooth and then add in the lemon juice, shredded peel, thyme and a few pinches of salt and pepper to taste.
- Thin the soup out to desired consistency with the reserved cooking liquid if desired and then serve garnished with the toasted almonds.