- Prep: 12 hr
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 12 hr
- Serving: Makes about 2-1/4 cups
Soaking then pureeing cashews makes a slightly sweet and nutty crème that can be added to dishes as a thickener or flavor enhancer.
- 2 cups plain cashews
- Rinse the cashews with a lot of cold water and then place in a bowl and cover with water. Allow the cashews to soak overnight.
- Re-rinse the nuts in cold water and then place in a food processor.
- Add enough water so that it covers the nuts by 1/2-inch and then process the mixture until smooth and creamy.
- Stain the mixture through some cheesecloth and into an air-tight container.
- Store in the refrigerator for several days.