- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Total: 12 min
Slices of steamed carrots are tossed in a tahini-based sauce for this Middle-Eastern inspired side dish. Serve as a delicious accompaniment to grilled meats, fish and poultry.
- 3 pound carrots, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick on the bias
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon water
- 2 clove small garlic, minced
- Sea salt
- 2 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Put the lemon juice, tahini, olive oil, water and garlic into a bowl, add a few pinches of salt and pepper and whisk vigorously to blend.
- Place the sliced carrots in a steamer basket over a saucepan of boiling water, cover and steam for 7 minutes.
- Transfer the carrots to a bowl and add the dressing. Toss the mixture well to coat and then serve immediately.