- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 8
Serve Carrots in Orange Sauce with a hearty pork roast.
- 12 carrots, peeled and cut in long strips
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Boil carrots in water for 10 minutes. Drain well and place in a dish.
- Make sauce: In a saucepan, melt butter, add orange juice and rind. Add flour and salt and beat until smooth. Cook 5 minutes. Pour hot sauce over carrots; gently toss to coat.