- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 22 min
- Total: 32 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Braising carrots in a beer and fresh carrot juice mixture creates a slightly tangy and sweet glaze. Serve this delicious side with grilled steak, lamb or roast chicken.
- 8 medium carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 1 cup fresh carrot juice 1 cup fresh carrot juice
- 1/2 cup hoppy beer, such as a pilsner
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Cut the carrots into thirds crosswise and then place in a medium-sized sauté pan over high heat. Add the carrot juice and the beer and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium, cover the pan and cook the carrot mixture for 10 minutes. Stir in the sugar and continue to cook the carrots, covered, for another 10 minutes. Transfer the carrots to a plate and set aside.
- Place the butter into the pan, whisk to combine with the sauce and cook for 1 minute. Put the carrot back into the pan, add a few pinches of salt and pepper and then toss the carrots to coat. Serve immediately.