- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 12 People
These soft muffins make an excellent breakfast treat, especially alongside a hot cup of coffee.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1-3/4 cup crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup pecans
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; set aside.
- Cream sugar, brown sugar, applesauce, orange juice and eggs.
- Blend flour combination into applesauce mixture.
- Fold in pineapple, carrots and pecans.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.