- Prep: 1 hr 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This sweet and refreshing salad acts as a delicious contrast of flavor when served as a side to grilled steak and poultry.
- 1/2 cup seedless golden raisins
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- Place the raisins and the water into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, remove the pan from the heat, carefully drain and then set the raisins aside to cool.
- Put the mayonnaise, salt and pepper into a salad bow and mix vigorously to blend. Add the cooled raisins, carrots and pineapple to the bowl and carefully fold the ingredients to combine.
- Cover the salad and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour to chill prior to serving.