- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 4 People
This colorful salad makes a beautiful side dish to almost any meal. Ideal for serving at potlucks, picnics or summer barbecues.
- 3-1/2 cups carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry roast peanuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 orange, rind grated, reserve juice
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon spicy mustard
- In a large bowl, toss carrots, bell pepper, raisins and poppy seeds.
- In a separate dish, mix together orange rind, orange juice, sunflower oil and mustard. Pour over vegetables until thoroughly coated.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Peanuts should not be mixed into salad until prior to serving to keep them crisp.