- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Makes about 5 cups
Carrots are one of those kitchen staples that are easy to eat in only a couple of certain ways. Snacking on them fresh, or steaming and glazing them are wonderful, but carrots lend themselves to so much more. Breaking out of your carrot comfort zone with creative carrot recipes can yield some new favorites. Carrots are one of the most versatile vegetables around, so try this recipe for carrot hummus.
- 1 1/4 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into regular pieces
- 2 cans, 15 1/2-ounces each, garbanzo beans, drained
- 2/3 cup tahini
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2/3 cup lemon juice, preferably fresh
- Kosher salt
- Steam the carrots until they are soft and you can mash them with a fork.
- In a food processor, combine cooked carrots, garbanzo beans, tahini, and lemon juice; purée until smooth; add salt to taste.
- Cover and chill up to one day to let the flavors develop. Serve with crackers, pieces of pita bread, or crudités.