- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: Makes 2 dozen cookies
Carrot cookies are a great way to sneak kids vegetables! Frost with an icing of orange juice and powdered sugar for added sweetness.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Combine shortening and sugar.
- Add egg and carrots to mixture.
- Mix in flour, baking powder and salt with vanilla and lemon juice.
- Drop by teaspoon onto cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.