- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 27 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
You’ll need a vegetable peeler to cut the carrots into thin strips for this tasty recipe for crispy and delicate carrot chips. Enjoy them as a snack or serve as a vibrant-colored accompaniment to a yogurt-based dip.
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 plus 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and position your oven racks so they divide the oven into thirds.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave the carrots, lengthwise, into strips and then place into a bowl. Drizzle the shaved carrots with the olive oil and then sprinkle with the salt and a few grinds of fresh pepper. Toss well to combine and then transfer to 2 baking sheets.
- Arrange the carrots side-by-side but do not overlap. Place them in the oven for 12 minutes, swapping the pans halfway through the cooking time to ensure even cooking.
- Remove the carrots from the oven and set aside to cool prior to serving.