- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Makes 6 to 8 Servings
You can also add rutabaga to this root vegetable side dish. Serve it as an elegant accompaniment to roasted meat or poultry.
- 1-1/4 pounds turnip
- 1 pound carrots
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
- Peel the turnips and the carrots and then cut each into matchstick-size strips.
- In the meantime, bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Add the sliced vegetables to the water and cook for 6 minutes, drain and then set aside.
- Put the butter into a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Whisk in the lemon juice, honey and lemon peel and then bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, add the cooked vegetables and then cover the pan and cook for 6 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, season to taste with salt and pepper, and then sprinkle in the fresh chives. Serve immediately.