- Prep: 1 hr 20 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 1 hr 45 min
- Serving: 28 cookies
Tasty shortbread packed with dried tropical fruits.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup diced dried tropical fruit mix (pineapple, mango, papaya)
- Cream the butter, sugars and salt in a large bowl. Mix in the flour, 1/2 cup at a time, beating well after each. Mix in the dried fruit.
- Roll the dough into a 14 inch roll, wrap in plastic and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Cut the chilled log into 1/2 inch thick slices and set on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 5 minutes before moving to a rack.