- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 3 hr
- Total: 3 hr 10 min
- Serving: 4-6 servings
A sweet and fruity chicken and rice slow cooker dinner.
- 1 whole chicken, quartered, washed and dried
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks with juice
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- Rice, cooked
- Mix the 1/2 cup of flour with the nutmeg and cinnamon. Use the mixture to coat the chicken.
- Add the potatoes and pineapple to the bottom of a greased slow cooker. Place the chicken over top.
- Mix together the soup, orange juice and 2 tablespoons of flour and pour over the chicken. Cook covered for 7-9 hours on low, or 3-4 hours on high. Serve over buttered rice.