- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 22 min
- Total: 52 min
- Serving: 4
Served in individual foil packets, Caribbean Chicken, is a unique and fun way to celebrate the bounty of the tropics.
- 4 cups cooked rice
- non-stick cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 2 heaping tablespoons brown sugar
- 1, 15 ounce can pineapple tidbits in juice, undrained
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 sheets (12 by 18 inch) aluminum foil
- Spray foil with cooking spray. Combine rice, red pepper, onion, coconut, pineapple, brown sugar and lime juice in a mixing bowl. Center 1/4 cup of rice mixture on each foil sheet.
- Rub jerk seasoning on chicken and place breast on top of rice mixture. Bring up foil sides and double fold top and ends to seal into a packet, leaving room inside for heat circulation.
- Bake 22 minutes on a cookie sheet at 400 degrees F or until juices run clear. Open carefully to let steam escape.