- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 8 hr
- Total: 8 hr 15 min
- Serving: 6
This wonderfully spicy chicken dish is fabulous when served with wild rice.
- 6 chicken breasts, boned and skinless
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 6 small red potatoes, cubed
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups coconut milk
- In a skillet, brown the chicken in oil over medium-high heat.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken to the crock pot.
- Add the potatoes and tomatoes to the crock pot.
- Add the onion, green pepper, garlic, brown sugar, ginger, pepper, cayenne, thyme and salt to the skillet and cook over medium-high heat for three minutes.
- Stir the broth into the skillet, then transfer the mixture to the crock pot.
- Cook on low for six to eight hours, or on high for three to four hours.
- Stir in the coconut milk and cook for an additional 30 minutes on low.