- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: Marinade for 12 pieces of chicken
This amazing Indian-inspired chicken marinade is made with a base of ground cardamom and thick Greek yogurt.
- 25 cardamom pods, removed from pods and pounded to a fine powder
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 6 green chilies, pricked all over
- 1/2 cup of chopped coriander leaves
- juice from half a lemon
- sea salt to taste
- Place all of the ingredients into a large bowl and stir well until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Add the chicken to the marinade, toss to coat and then cover and place in the refrigerator overnight.