- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Makes about 5 tablespoons of butter
Compound Butter is a classic topping for grilled meats, especially steak. It is butter that is flavored with additional ingredients, usually spices.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Put the butter, cilantro, caraway, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper into a bowl and stir to blend.
- Place the butter mixture onto a piece of wax paper and roll in a cylinder shape. Place the butter into the refrigerator to firm.