- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: Makes 1 3/4 cups.
Try this recipe for caramelized onion and green olive tapenade on your family and friends. They'll love it!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 cups pitted green olives
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 7 to 8 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in thyme and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add wine and vinegar, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cook for an additional 7 minutes, or until most of the liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally.
- Place onion mixture in a food processor, then add the olives and black pepper. Process until smooth.