- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Makes about 2 cups
Caramelized mushrooms make a wonderful and tasty addition to soups, salads and pasta, but feel free to enjoy them on their own as a delicious side to grilled meats and poultry.
- 1 pound crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place a stainless steel sauté pan over medium heat, and then add the oil and the butter. Once the butter has melted, whisk the mixture to combine and then add the sliced mushrooms.
- Toss the mushrooms to coat and then cook, stirring occasionally, over medium-low heat until the mushrooms have released all of their liquid. Once the mushrooms have nicely browned and caramelized, sprinkle with a few pinches of salt and pepper and then serve.