- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 15 balls
Popcorn balls are an easy to make treat that the kids will love this Halloween!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups unpopped popcorn
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Put the oil in a 4 quart saucepan and heat over high heat. When oil is hot, add 1/2 cup of popping corn and keep pan moving constantly. When corn stops popping, remove from heat. Place popped corn in oven to keep warm. Repeat until all corn has been popped. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan with a candy thermometer inserted, combine butter, sugar and corn syrup to make a caramel mixture. Stir well and bring to boiling over medium heat. Stir in condensed milk; simmer, stirring constantly, until thermometer reads 238 degrees F. Stir in vanilla and cinnamon.
- Pour caramel over popped corn and stir to coat. Butter hands lightly; shape popcorn into balls about 3 1/2 inches in diameter.