- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 16
Kids can help make Caramel-Pecan Monkey Bread.
- 1, 12 ounce bottle caramel sundae sauce
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 stick butter, unsalted, melted
- 3 packages refrigerated biscuit dough
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 10 inch tube pan with shortening.
- Spread 1/3 cup caramel in pan. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup pecans. In a shallow dish, mix sugar and nutmeg. Pour butter into another shallow dish.
- Unroll one package biscuit dough. Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces. Roll each piece in melted butter and then in sugar mixture. Drop each into pan, covering bottom. Drizzle with 1/3 cup caramel and sprinkle with 1/3 cup pecans. Repeat, layering remaining dough, caramel and nuts, ending with 1/3 cup caramel.
- Bake until top is golden brown and a bit crisp, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately turn out onto a large serving plate.