- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: 54
Amazingly rich, moist and fruity.
- 1 cup cranberries
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 2-1/3 cups flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups chopped dates (optional: soak in brandy)
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 cup caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine cranberries and 2 tablespoons sugar; set aside.
- Combine 2 cups flour, oats, 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar, and baking soda. Stir in melted butter and mix well. Reserve 1 cup. Press remaining crumb mixture in bottom of 9" x 13" pan. Bake 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle dates, walnuts and cranberry mixture over crust.
- Combine caramel topping and remaining 1/3 cup flour; drizzle over fruits and nuts.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Return to oven for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool and cut into bars.