- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: 4 quarts
Easily doubles and stores well.
- 4 quarts fresh popcorn
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter a large roasting pan.
- Pour the popcorn into the buttered pan, spreading evenly.
- In a saucepan, mix together the sugar, syrup, butter and salt. Stir constantly until it boils. Continue cooking for 5 more minutes, without stirring.
- Remove from the heat, mix in the vanilla and baking soda. Pour over the popcorn, stir until well coated.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour, stir occasionally.