- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Serves 4
This simple recipe for caprese salad is from the Italian region of Campania. It's light and refreshing; your family will love it.
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from about 1/2 lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds assorted tomatoes (such as regular vine-ripened tomatoes, plum tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, grape tomatoes, and yellow teardrop tomatoes)
- 6-ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, drained and sliced
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- Whisk the lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Gradually whisk in the oil to blend. Set the dressing aside.
- Cut the regular tomatoes into 1/4-inch thick slices and the plum tomatoes into wedges. Cut the cherry, grape, and teardrop tomatoes in half. Arrange the tomatoes and cheese on a platter.
- Drizzle the dressing over. Sprinkle with the basil and additional salt and pepper to taste, and serve.