- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Simple flavors make delicious combinations as observed in this beef, tomato and mozzarella Caprese pasta dish.
- 8 ounces dried large rigatoni
- 1/2 cup homemade or purchased basil pesto
- 1 pound flat iron or tri-tip steak, cut into 4 portions
- 4 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Fresh Basil Leaves to garnish
- Prepare the rigatoni according to package directions, drain and divide among 4 plates.
- In the meantime, brush the steaks with 3 tablespoons of the pesto and place in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes, flipping once, and then cut into slices.
- Top the pasta with the steak, tomatoes and cheese and drizzle with some pesto sauce. Garnish with the fresh basil and serve immediately.