- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 15 People
These muffins are ideal as an afternoon snack. Serve with a hot cup of coffee.
- 2-1/2 cups flour, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Cream egg, milk, 1/2 cup butter and vanilla; set aside.
- Combine 2 cups flour, sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, baking powder, coffee granules, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and salt.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tins.
- Mix together remaining flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Blend in remaining butter, until mixture becomes crumbly.
- Sprinkle over muffin batter.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.