- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 9 hr
- Total: 9 hr 15 min
- Serving: 6
Brought to you from the Crockpot_recipes@egroups.com site.
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 green pepper, seeded, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, seeded, cut into strips
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 cups pineapple chunks, reserve juice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Chow Mein noodles or rice for serving
- Place the chicken, pepper strips and onion in the crock pot.
- In a bowl mix the brown sugar and cornstarch.
- Add 1 cup of the reserved pineapple juice, vinegar, water, soy sauce and salt, blend until smooth.
- Pour over chicken and veggies.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
- One hour before serving, add the pineapple chunks, stir into the meat and sauce.
- Serve over Chow Mein Noodles or rice.