- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: Makes about 3 cups
A great way to get more beans, and thus more fiber, into your diet without even trying, this cannellini and artichoke spread is delicious topped onto your favorite sandwich or served as a dip with crudités and crackers.
- 1 garlic clove roughly chopped
- 1 shallot roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 14 ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14-ounce can of artichoke hearts or artichoke bottoms, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 10 tarragon leaves
- Put all of the ingredients into a food processor and pulse to combine, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Season the mixture to taste with additional salt if needed, and then serve immediately.