- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This smooth and creamy winter soup is made with canned pumpkin. Make sure you do not get the canned pumpkin pie filling as a mistake instead.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 28 ounce can pumpkin
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 quart chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can light coconut milk, or 1-1/2 cups regular milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a soup pot over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and sweet potato, and then sauté the mixture for 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the curry power, pepper and a few pinches of salt and pepper, and then cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the canned pumpkin to the pot, along with the broth, and bring to a simmer. Cook the mixture over medium-low heat for 15 minutes and then remove from the heat.
- Using a hand blender, puree the mixture until smooth and then stir in the coconut milk; serve immediately.