- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
The word “canella” means cinnamon in Italian. Enjoy it in this sweet spiced red wine drink that is traditionally served during the fall and winter months.
- One bottle Merlot
- 10 tablespoons sugar
- 1 orange peel
- 1 lemon peel
- 10 cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 4 cinnamon sticks and orange slices to garnish
- Put the Merlot into a pot and place over low heat.
- Add the sugar and stir the mixture until all of the sugar has dissolved.
- Place the orange peel, lemon peel, cloves and cinnamon powder into the pot and allow to steep in the wine for 20 minutes. Do not boil the wine.
- Strain the wine mixture using a cheesecloth and pour into 4 wine glasses.
- Garnish each glass with a cinnamon stick and an orange slice and serve warm.