- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 6
The candy apple was introduced in 1908. This easy 20-minute recipe makes six apples. If you can't find candy apple sticks, popsicle sticks will work, too.
- 1 14oz. package strawberry glaze
- 1 1/2 cups corn syrup
- 1 3oz. box cherry gelatin dessert mix
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 6 Granny Smith or Fuji apples, washed and dried
- 6 Wooden candy apple sticks
- Chopped nuts (optional)
- Push wooden sticks into the apples. Make sure they’re set in deep enough.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, combine glaze and corn syrup and simmer for 20 minutes. Dilute gelatin mix in hot water and add to glaze.
- Stir and continue to cook until temperature (use a candy thermometer) is about 200 degrees.
- Holding the stick, dip each apple in syrup and turn until completely coated (if you want to add chopped nuts, do it now). Cool on wax paper and serve!