- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: Makes 7 cups
These sweet and satisfying sugar almonds take only minutes to mix up and throw into the oven. A great snack to have on hand to serve with cocktails.
- 2 pounds raw almonds, about 7 cups
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 225 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the egg white and the water into a large bowl and beat until frothy.
- Add the almonds to the egg white mixture and toss to coat.
- In another bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt, and then add to the bowl with the almonds. Toss once again to coat.
- Transfer the coated almonds to the prepared baking sheet and place in the oven for 1 hour, stirring occasionally to ensure even cooking. Remove and allow to cool before serving.