- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
Making an Old Fashioned cocktail is a prime opportunity to tinker with its various base ingredients, spirit, bitters and syrup, until you find the combination you prefer. Try this Canadian Whiskey Old Fashioned that uses maple syrup instead of classic simple syrup in its blend.
- 2 ounces Canadian whisky
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 or 2 teaspoons maple syrup to taste
- Orange slice and 1 cherry to garnish
- Pre-chill a cocktail glass by placing it into the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Put all of the ingredients, except for the garnish, into a cocktail shaker and then fill with ice.
- Stir the mixture for 30 seconds and then strain into the prepared glass.
- Garnish the cocktail with an orange slice and a cherry, and then serve immediately.