- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 6-8 servings
Skillet fried biscuits.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons solid shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Slice in the shortening until the dough is coarse and crumbly. Create a well in the center and pour the milk in. Use a fork to incorporate the dough until it begins to stick to the fork.
- Knead for 10-12 strokes. Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness on a lightly floured board.
- Use a 2 1/2 inch cookie cutter to punch out biscuits.
- Lightly grease a skillet and heat on low until hot.
- Brown the biscuits in the skillet until raised to 1-inch thick, flip and brown the other side.