- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 30 min
- Total: 1 hr 45 min
- Serving: 10
Calypso Pork Stew will make you feel like getting out the limbo stick. How low can you go?
- 2 pounds pork stew meat, cut in 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 1, 1 1/2 pound canned ham, cut in 1 1//2 inch chunks
- 1/4 cup instant minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups potatoes, cubed
- 2 yellow straightneck squash, cubed
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 plaintains, cut in 1 inch chunks
- In covered, large Dutch oven or kettle over medium-low heat, simmer pork and ham with onion, salt, bay leaf and 2 cups water for one hour.
- Add potatoes, squash, parsley, lime juice, coriander and pepper. Cook 20 minutes or until pork is fork tender. Add plaintains and heat 10 minutes longer. Discard bay leaf.