- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 2
This recipe makes 2 California Open Faced Sandwiches.
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup mayonaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small head lettuce
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- In small bowl with wire whisk, mix olive oil, mayonaise, vinegar and salt until blended.
- Preheat broiler. Cut two 1 inch thick slices from head of lettuce. Place lettuce slices on rack in broiling pan; top with dressing, tomato slices, bacon and then shredded cheese. Broil 2 to 3 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.