- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: 6-8 People
America is certainly quite tasty and two wonderfully unique styles of flavor are highlighted in this meal. Healthy, California fish tacos and big Tex-Mex rice make you want to plan a road trip out southwest! Celebrate America the Tasty with this fabulous dinner tonight.
- 1 pound of tilapia
- 1/4 cup key lime juice or fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 lime wedges
- Corn tortillas (keep them warm by wrapping in aluminum foil and place in the oven at 225 degrees F or wrap in dampened paper towels and heat in the microwave for about 20 seconds)
- Avocado slices
- Fresh spinach or arugula
- Fresh pico de gallo or chopped tomato
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup rice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 small jalapeño, finely diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- In a small saucepan bring the chicken broth to a boil.
- Add the cumin and the rice. Cover the pan and reduce the heat to low. Fluff with a fork before serving and add the chopped cilantro and pepper at the end.
- For the fish tacos, place the tilapia in a casserole dish or a bowl. Pour the key lime juice over the tilapia and add the pepper, oregano, cayenne and cumin.
- Cover the dish and let it marinate for at least half an hour in the refrigerator.
- Remove the tilapia from the refrigerator and place it on a cookie sheet lined with foil.
- Place the lime wedges on top and in between each piece of fish. Bake at 425 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Place the chunks of fish in the warmed tortillas, then garnish as desired.