- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 6
California Pizza Toast is made on diagonal slices of French bread.
- 2 ounces soft tofu, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 large baguette whole wheat French bread
- Preheat Broiler. Blend cheese, tofu and garlic until smooth in a blender. Transfer to a bowl and stir in oregano and basil. Cut bread diagonally into 1 inch slices. Spread each slice with a small amount of tomato paste and top with a dollop of cheese mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet and broil 3 to 4 inches from heat for 1 minute or until lightly browned. Serve hot.