- Prep: 8 hr
- Cook Time: 5 hr 30 min
- Total: 13 hr 30 min
- Serving: 4-6 servings
A spicy ham and bean soup, perfect with a tasty cornbread side.
- 1 (20 ounce) package Cajun-flavored, 16-bean soup mix with flavor packet
- 2 cups cooked, finely chopped ham
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- Add the beans to a slow cooker. Cover with water. Soak overnight. Drain and again cover with water, 2 inches above the beans. Cook covered on low for 5-6 hours, or until tender.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and cook on high for 30-45 minutes.