- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
The Caipirinha Cocktail is made with cachaça, a spirit originally developed over 500 years ago from sugar cane, and is known as Brazil’s national drink.
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 4 Key limes, halved and seeded, or 2 small, juicy limes, quartered
- 2 ounces cachaça
- Place the limes into a cocktail shaker and sprinkle with the sugar. Muddle until the sugar has dissolved and the limes are juiced.
- Fill a rocks glass with ice and then pour into the cocktail shaker. Add the cachaça and shake the mixture for 30 seconds to combine.
- Pour the mixture back into the rocks glass and serve immediately.