- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
Grand Mariner replaces the Triple Sec in a traditional Margarita and takes the famous cocktail up a few levels in taste and exclusivity.
- 2 ounces tequila (100% agave)
- 1 ounce Grand Marnier
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce gomme syrup
- Lime wedge
- Coarse salt to rim glass
- Place some salt onto a plate. Run a lime wedge around the rim of a glass to moisten and then dip the rim into the salt, pressing gently to adhere. Put the salt-rimmed glass in the freezer for 5 minutes to chill and to allow the salt to set.
- Put the tequila, Grand Mariner, lime juice and syrup into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Vigorously shake the mixture for 35 seconds and then strain into the prepared cocktail glass; serve immediately.