- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
The rye whiskey provides just the right amount of smoky taste to balance the bright citrus flavor of the fresh lime juice and the spiciness of the ginger simple syrup.
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 3/4 ounce ginger syrup
- 2 ounces rye whiskey
- Soda water
- maraschino cherry and orange slice
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the garnishes and soda water, into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Vigorously shake the mixture for 35 seconds and then strain into a cocktail glass filled with fresh ice.
- Top the drink with some soda water and then garnish with the maraschino cherry and orange slice; serve immediately.