- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 2 hr
- Total: 2 hr 15 min
- Serving: 10
Cabbage Roll Casserole is a classic family favorite.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium head cabbage, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato juice
- Mix the first 6 ingredients together. Coat a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with vegetable spray. Place 1/2 of the cabbage on the bottom of the pan, spreading evenly. Spread ground beef mixture over cabbage layer.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 of cabbage and onion over ground beef mixture. Spread sauerkraut evenly over cabbage layer.
- Pour tomato sauce evenly over top. The pour tomato juice over top. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake at 400 degrees F for 1 hour; reduce heat to 350 degrees F for an additional 1 hour.