- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 6 servings
A quick and simple ham and vegetable stew.
- 1 (16 ounce) package cabbage slaw
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked, cubed ham
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Mix together the cabbage, onion, bell pepper, garlic, broth and 1 cup of water in a large soup pan. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add in the remaining ingredients with 1 teaspoon salt and a dash of pepper. Cook until heated through.