- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 10-12 servings
Sky high butterscotch torte dessert.
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) package butterscotch pudding
- 1 (8 ounce) package pitted dates, chopped up
- dash salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package fluffy white frosting mix
- Prepare the cake according to the directions, making 2 9-inch rounds. Cool.
- Make the pudding, but use only 1 1/2 cups milk and mix in the dates and salt. Remove from the heat and mix in the nuts and butter. Cover and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Slice each cake round in half. Stack the cakes, filling with the pudding in between and on top.
- Prepare the frosting according to the directions. Cover the sides of the cake and 1 1/2 inches border on top. Refrigerate leftovers.