- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 10-12 People
Soup shooters are one of the most popular appetizers to serve at weddings, cocktail parties and galas, simply for the beautiful presentation and easy serve! For a creamy, savory and unique shooter, try these delicious butternut squash shooters with homemade grilled brie croutons. The creaminess of the soup with the crunchy exterior of the grilled cheese make for a truly remarkable taste. Serve luke warm.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 russet potatoes, cubed and peeled
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 10 ounces frozen butternut squash, defrosted
- 1 (32-ounce) container chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2 pieces whole wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces brie
- Melt two tablespoons of butter in a pot. Add celery, onion, potatoes, carrot and frozen squash, cooking until browned and soft, about six minutes.
- Pour the chicken stock in pot to completely cover vegetables. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a blender and puree.
- While soup is cooling, butter the bread with remaining one tablespoon of butter. Add brie to one slice and then place butter side down into a pan. Carefully place other slice of bread on top. Grill until cheese is melty and bread is browned, about three minutes.
- Pour soup into 2-ounce vodka shooters. Cut the grilled cheese into small cubes and place over the shooters with a large toothpick.