- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: Makes about 2 cups
This vibrant and fresh salsa made with butternut squash and pomegranate arils is an amazing fall treat. Serve alone as a sweet and savory side, or accompany with roasted pork or chicken.
- 1/2 small butternut squash, chopped
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1/2 sweet pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Olive oil to drizzle
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the chopped squash on a baking sheet in a single layer, drizzle with some olive oil and then sprinkle with the nutmeg and a few pinches of salt and freshly ground pepper. Place in the oven for 20 minutes, flipping after 10 minutes of cooking. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Put the cooled squash, the onion, apple, pepper, pomegranate, parsley, vinegar and honey into a bowl and toss thoroughly to combine. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper if needed and then serve immediately.